Saturday, March 26, 2016

Falling for a Country by Danielle Cesar

You feel as if you've just grazed the surface, lusting to see and learn more, you were just beginning to peel back the layers of the country. A beautiful flaming fire has been ignited and nothing but experience can quench the thirst. A thirst for adventure, shared knowledge and true understanding. It aches to leave because I don't know if I'll ever see Vietnam again. The glorious mixture of this red and gold country will forever be etched into my mind as an experience to last a lifetime. Hopefully one day we meet again.

--

I spent two weeks in Vietnam traveling from the North to the South. Along the way I climbed mountains, explored secluded beaches, camped on the beach, hitch hiked scooter rides, practiced my bmx atv riding skills on sand dunes, ate jerk chicken at a beach bar called Little Kingston, went to the emergency room, learned how to ride a scooter, visited war museums and celebrated Tete and met some amazing people that have become lifelong friends. Vietnam was an incomplete experience, it's the one country that I need to go back to and see more of because there are so many layers to the people and culture.


  











No comments:

Post a Comment