Monday, February 8, 2016

Out of Shape and Trekking by Danielle Cesar

When trekking through a rainforest and jungle you have a lot of time to reflect about your life. Throughout the trek in the Doi inthanon national park to the tallest mountain in Thailand, I realized how out of shape I am! Dripping with sweat in the freezing cold, thighs aching from the climb, breathing heavy and feeling slightly dizzy from the lack of oxygen, but my body hasn't felt more alive than it has in years! Even before I packed up my bags and left for Asia I knew sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day staring at a computer screen was not for me. Making it to the top of the tallest mountain in Thailand - 25,653,341 meters above sea level - even though there were times that I didn't think my body could take anymore but my mind persevered and I kept reminding myself that it would be amazing when I reached the top reminds me of my career. I know the road I'm traveling is grueling, but once I get to the place I want to be in life it will all be worth it.
                                   

On this day I feel as if I took back control of my body, my mind, my career. It's my life, I want to feel as alive in my workplace as I did when I reached the summit point on top of the mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment